Become a Laser Safety Expert. Enroll in LIA’s Advanced LSO Course.
As an experienced and formally trained Laser Safety Officer (LSO), you have one of the most important responsibilities at your organization – to uphold the highest standard of laser safety. Are you ready to expand upon that foundation of knowledge and increase your laser safety expertise? Through LIA’s Advanced LSO Course, you will have the opportunity to gain new skills and increase proficiency in laser safety issues, hazard assessment, and laser safety calculations.
Developed and taught by industry experts, the Advanced LSO course is designed for engineers, scientists, and safety professionals who have knowledge of lasers and laser safety, and have received formal LSO training. It is ideal for LSOs working in research and development centers, universities, or manufacturing environments. Isn’t it time to take your laser safety knowledge to a whole new level of expertise?
LIMITED TIME OFFER
LIA is rolling back the prices to the year 2000. This course was $1395 nonmember, $1345 member. See pricing below.
Take advantage of this limited time opportunity. REGISTER NOW!
Why take this course?
- Build upon your LSO experience to uphold an even higher standard of laser safety.
- Gain the in-depth knowledge to become an expert of laser safety issues and calculations.
- Stay on the cutting-edge of laser safety strategies, updates and changes.
- Go beyond the basics of laser safety to become highly proficient in laser hazard assessment.
Course Overview – Taking Laser Safety to a Higher Level
The goal of the Advanced LSO Course is to provide in-depth knowledge on laser safety issues, laser hazard assessment and laser safety calculations. Topics covered include important updates to standards, laser bioeffects, laser and optical measurements, and laser safety calculations of MPEs, NHZ, etc.
Individuals who wish to enroll in the Advanced LSO Course must have a fundamental knowledge of lasers and laser safety, and preferably formal LSO training prior to attending this class. The course also requires the use of scientific calculators with trig/log functions.
For those who successfully complete the course, they will earn 3.0 American Board of Industrial Hygiene CM Points, 32 CECs by American Academy of Health Physics and 3.0 Board of Laser Safety CM Points.
You will learn advanced laser safety practices that can be applied immediately at your facility:
- Review and learn how to apply important changes in MPEs and the new Laser Hazard Classification Scheme
- Get a complete overview of updates and key changes to ANSI Z136.1 Safe Use of Lasers standard
- Receive hands-on instruction for laser & optical measurements
- Study the essential updates on other laser safety standards
- Acquire the expertise to perform Laser Safety Calculations of MPEs NHZs, etc.
The registration fee includes:
- Complete set of course notes including a resource CD with useful LSO documentation forms
- ANSI Z136.1 Safe Use of Lasers safety standard
- LIA Laser Safety Guide
- LIA Guide for Selection of Laser Eye Protection
- Certificate of completion
- Scientific calculators will be provided
Why select LIA for your laser safety training?
- Setting the standards in Laser Safety Training for over 40 years – We literally wrote the book on laser safety standards. LIA is the secretariat for the ANSI Z136 Safe Use of Lasers series, the foundation for laser safety standards nationwide.
- World leader in laser safety education – LIA trains more Laser Safety Officers than any other organization in the world. In fact, other laser safety organizations come to LIA for education and training resources.
- Experience counts – LIA’s knowledgeable instructors are among the most experienced experts in the laser industry, and many sit on the ANSI standards committee.
- Employee safety is a top priority – With the goal of keeping the workplace safe from laser hazards, LIA and OSHA formed an alliance to provide laser safety training resources for industrial and medical organizations.