Laser Safety is the Best Medicine.
Designed to give operating room personnel a basic foundation, you will gain valuable knowledge and understanding of laser biophysics, tissue interaction and laser safety in a medical environment. The course addresses laser safety protocols according to the ANSI Z136.3 Safe Use of Lasers in Health Care Facilities standard, AORN recommended practices and ASLMS practices.
Plus, this course meets all MLSO training requirements outlined by ANSI, OSHA and JCAHO. In addition to the working knowledge you will gain, you will earn 9.95 Contact Hours and 1.5 BLS CM Points by the Board of Laser Safety.
Designed to meet the special needs of medical professionals, LIA’s Medical Laser Safety Course will provide the training you need to build and maintain a successful laser safety program.
Registration – $695 | $595 LIA Members
Why take this course?
- Learn how to implement a laser safety program in a medical facility
- Stay on the cutting-edge of medical laser safety strategies, including the current treatment modalities with lasers
- Expand your knowledge of laser hazards and their effects, especially in the OR
- Gain applicable knowledge (with real-world examples) you can utilize today to protect your patients and staff from the dangers of lasers in medical facilities
Coming to a location near you!
- November 6-7, 2010 – San Diego, CA
- November 13-14, 2010 – Chicago, IL
- February 12-13, 2011 – Atlanta, GA
- March 12-13, 2011 – San Jose, CA
For more information and to register online, please visit www.laserinstitute.org/education or
call the LIA office at 800.34.LASER